- Can I check rates without making a reservation?
- How will I know my reservation is confirmed?
- Can I extend the rental duration?
- Is it possible to cancel or modify my reservation once it is confirmed?
You may request a quotation and check availability without making a reservation. Complete only the first pages of the rates and reservations process. If you wish to make a reservation at this time and with these details simply continue by pressing the "Book Now" Button.
At the end of the reservation process you will receive a "Reservation Confirmation" page with the reservation number highlighted. You will also receive a confirmation email containing the details of your reservation and collection procedure.
Extending the rental duration is possible at time of check out or during the rental itself. You will need to contact or come in person to the nearest location. The extension is subject to vehicle availability and extra payment.
Yes it is. Please contact our Reservations Staff and they will be more than happy to help. 1300 22 74 73 or NZ 0800 445 492
Payment & Fees
- Can I use another persons Credit Card to pay for my rental?
- Do we charge cancellation Fees?
- What happens if I return the vehicle late?
- In the event of an accident what am I liable to pay?
- What methods of payment do Alpha Car Hire accept?
Yes, however the person with the credit card must be on the Rental Contract as the main driver so they will need to have a current open drivers licence written in English.
Alpha Car Hire Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a minimum cancellation fee of $50 if 7 or more days notice is provided prior to the day of collection. It is at Alpha Car Hire Australia Pty Ltd's discretion to charge up to 50% of the rental cost if less than 7 days notice is given.
If the vehicle is returned up to an 1 hour late one third of the rental will be charged. If it is returned greater than 2 hours late two thirds of the rental will be charged and if returned 3 hours late or more then a full days rental is charged.
Alpha Car Hire Australia Pty Ltd accepts cash, eftpos and most major Credit Cards including Visa, Mastercard and Bankcard. Alpha Car Hire Australia Pty Ltd does require that the main driver on the vehicle holds a current credit card for bond purposes. Unfortunately we do not accept Amex or Diners cards.
- Do I need to check the condition of the vehicle prior to leaving the keys at the counter?
- Can I return the vehicle outside the location operating hours?
- Where can I not drive the rental vehicle?
- Do I need to have an International Drivers Licence?
- Can I tow using an Alpha Car Hire Vehicle?
- How many free kilometres per day?
- What age do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
- Can anyone other than myself drive the car?
- If I lock my keys in the vehicle am I covered by Road Side Assistance?
Yes, and if you found a new apparent defect (not listed on the vehicle statement remitted at time of pick up) you have to inform the Alpha Car Hire employee for joint examination.
Yes, you may return your vehicle when the Alpha Car Hire location is closed if prior arrangements have been made. The vehicle will remain your responsibility until it has been checked by a Alpha Car Hire representative.
You may drive an Alpha vehicle in most states and Territories excluding, Northern Territories, and Tasmania. Travel to any destination via barge or ferry transport is not permitted
If you will not be driving for a period that is longer then three (3) months and you have an International Drivers Licence it will be honored by Australian law. If you plan to stay in Australia for more than three months and intend to drive for that period you are required to obtain an International Drivers Permit.
No, an Alpha Car Hire Vehicle can not be used to tow or push anything, this forms part of the rental terms and conditions
Unless otherwise specified the following FREE Kilometres apply to all passenger Vehicle Classes: 500 Kilometres free per day Unless otherwise specified the following FREE Kilometres apply to all commercial Vehicle Classes: 100 Kilometres free per day or you may negotiate your requirements to suit your needs at the time of booking extra kilometres are charged at 32.5 cents per kilometre.
The minimum age for all drivers is 21 on a full licence. Drivers aged 21 to 25 are restricted to a compact or intermediate car. Drivers must be on a full licence, we do not hire to provisional drivers. All Drivers under the age of 25 are subject to an additional daily surcharge of $28 inclusive of GST, this will reduce the standard excess to $1100
Nobody can drive a Alpha Car Hire Vehicle whose name does not appear on the Rental Agreement. When collecting the vehicle each driver must be listed on the Rental Agreement and they must present their drivers licence at time of collection.
No, Roadside Assistance does not cover non-mechanical defects such as, lost keys, keys locked in the vehicle, flat battery due to lights being left on etc. Costs charged can be obtained by contacting Customer Service on 1300 22 74 73.
- Where can I find out about Alpha Car Hire's Price beat guarantee?
- Do you offer car rental in other Australian cities?
- What are Alpha Car Hire Terms and Conditions?
- How does Alpha Car Hire protect my personal and credit card information online?
- Does Alpha Car Hire offer one-way rentals?
- Do you hire baby capsules?
You can find out about our price beat by contacting our reservation staff.
We offer car hire in all states except Northern Territory and Tasmania. For our full list of locations, select the locations tab on our website.
Please click on the following link Car Hire Terms and Conditions for a copy of Alpha Car Hire's Rental Terms & Conditions.
The online reservation service is located on a secure server that guarantees the safety of the transaction. The system uses SSL encrypting technology. SSL works by encrypting all communications between your computer and our server so the information cannot be intercepted.To view our authorised SSL Certificate please click here.
Unfortunately, we don't do one-way rentals at this stage.
No we do not hire baby capsules but we have a limited number of forward and rear facing baby seats and booster seats available upon request