If you are planning to hit the road soon, you better get busy. Whether you intend to go on an adventure with your best mates or just want a quick weekend getaway, you can be sure you’ll need to have the right set of wheels that will fit your travel budget.
You can go search online and try to look for the best deals. However, with all the countless offers out there, how can you be sure you are getting real value for your money? The answer is, yes, you can!
So, if you need some help in finding the best deal, here are several tried and tested strategies you can use straight away.
1. Book early. When you are searching online, you’ll get a better chance of getting a better deal when you book a car in advance. Not only will you save time and money, but you will also avoid the hassle of going to the rental office to negotiate a lower rental price.
Keep in mind that cheap car rentals can sell out in a blink of an eye. So, as soon as you have finalised your travel plans, try to book in advance as soon as you can.
2. Check the prices directly on the individual car rental agency website. It’s a well-known fact that rental prices frequently change. They can either skyrocket or hit rock bottom, depending on the day and if there are special holidays. So, when you look for rates, always get the rental prices directly on the individual car hire company and NOT on the broker sites.
3. Ditch the airport rentals. While it’s convenient to hire a car at the airport, you can be sure the rates will be higher than car rentals outside of the airport. That’s because the on-site rentals have additional charges like “airport fees” which are often passed on consumers like yourself.
4. Shop for special deals. There are times that car rental companies offer special deals or discounts. For example, you can upgrade to a bigger vehicle for a super low price. This can be very enticing, especially if you are travelling with a large group.
You can enjoy more legroom, accommodate more passengers, and have additional space for your luggage for a great price. Moreover, if you really want to get value for the money, you can also hire a car and parking spot and get special discounts on both services. So, be sure to keep an eye out for special deals like these.
5. Consider the smaller rental companies. The lesser known car hire companies offer lower prices than the major players as they are also vying for your business. These smaller players provide the same perks and services that are just as good or even better for a reasonable rate.
These are just some of the best ways you can save money on your next car rental. Always remember to negotiate a better deal and don’t be shy to ask for discounts. If you want to learn more about Alpha Car Hire’s discounts and offers, please visit our Specials page here.
More from Alpha Car Hire blog: