If there’s a place in Adelaide where the fun and exciting things happen, it’s Gouger Street. It’s a place where you can dine, drink, and even dance and sing to your heart’s desire. Gouger Street hosts a number of Italian, Argentinian, Indian, Greek, Australian, and Asian restaurants. The Asian restaurants are the ones often visited by tourists due to its affordable and authentic Asian cuisines, and also because Gouger is located next to Adelaide’s China Town, where most of the Chinese community resides.
Here are some of the top rated restaurants in Gouger Street that you should definitely visit today:
1. Wasai Japanese Kitchen. This is easily one of Adelaide’s best Japanese restaurants. Their famous sushi and sashimi boats and delectable Aburi salmon will make your taste buds tingle with delight. The tempura, udon, and karaage will leave you wanting for more. In addition to the tasty food, the restaurant is spacious and beautifully decorated.
2. Ying Chow. This restaurant is often packed and busy, especially during the weekends. If you are not into waiting (most of us aren’t), then you should totally consider booking ahead of time. The quality of the food in this place is amazing, and the wine is superb! The place is usually loud, so if you’re the type of person who wishes to dine in a quiet restaurant, then this one might not be for you.
3. Gaucho’s. This one is definitely one of the best Argentinian restaurants in all of Australia. It has been a crowd favorite for years, and it’s pretty evident why. The experience starts from the serene ambience, the great service, and of course, down to the fine food. The steaks here are huge, so you might want to consider sharing it with someone. The meat is grilled to perfection and once you take a bite, it melts in your mouth. You can never go wrong with Gaucho’s!
4. BBQ City. The ducks displayed on the window is so inviting, you would definitely want to eat here. The casual dining setting in this place is great for catching up with friends or just eating out during your Adelaide drive. The Roast Pork and Duck melts in your mouth, and that divine goodness will leave you wanting for more.
5. East Taste. This place is open until midnight, and the wine is good, so this one is definitely a place that you can hang out when you want to laze around and just eat and drink. The wine is not the only thing that’s notable about this place, though. You have to try their fried eggplant, as most of the diners here say that it’s just phenomenal. Pair it with the Peking Beef, Pork Ribs, and Shallot Cakes, and you would definitely want to go back over and over again just to eat and drink here!
6. T-Chow. Just like East Taste, this one’s open until late night. It’s great for those who are looking to have a late dinner feast with their friends and family. Their hot pots, sweet and sour dishes, and duck are to die for. The Yum Cha and pork dumplings are also some of their best dishes.
Gouger Street is simply one of those places in Adelaide that you should visit during your stay. Adelaide is one of the best cities to drive in, as it offers a lot of beautiful sights and the restaurants and wineries are definitely some of the places that you should see at least once in your life. For car hire in Adelaide, give Alpha Car Hire a ring today to know more about our services. We offer top of the line cars for you and the whole family! Go on and enjoy your well-deserved holiday!