There are a hundred reasons why Sunshine Coast is a great town to visit. Here you can enjoy the sunshine all year round, and the locals are always happy to help visitors and tourists alike. Feel the sand in between your toes as you rush to the waters of Noosa beach to catch a few waves and cap the night with a romantic dinner in one of Sunshine Coast’s fine restaurants. If the thought of an unexplored premier location excites you, come and visit Mooloolaba, and find out for yourself why it’s one of the best Australian beaches on TripAdvisor.
Get around town in style
By foot, Mooloolaba is a two-hour walk from the Sunshine Coast, and by car, it’s only a 9-minute drive. Save yourself the time and effort and get a car hire service in the Sunshine Coast.
What to do in Mooloolaba
Whether you’re only here for a day or a week, there’s no shortage of fun activities to do in the Coast. If you enjoy taking part in significant events, check out the Sunshine Coast council website for the city’s biggest events and plan accordingly. We also gathered a list of activities you shouldn’t miss when you visit Mooloolaba.
Going for an early morning coastal walk is a local tradition in Mooloolaba. Watch the dawn break over the beach and understand why everyone is describing it as a little slice of heaven on earth.
- Alexandra Headland. From the beach, continue the 20-minute trail to reach Alexandra Headland. Known as ‘Alex’ by the locals, it is famous for its striking seaside frontage of the beach. Take a snap of the most Instagram-worthy view of the Sunshine Coast and be ready to be amazed by its small-town and laid-back charm.
- Cotton Tree. Continue your morning walk until you reach Cotton Tree, where you can see the river meet the ocean. Enjoy a beautiful sight where you can even catch some paddle boarders out on their morning ride.
- Breakfast on your way back. On your way back, stop by Acai Brothers or The Velo Project for some great grub that can give you the energy you need for the rest of the day. You wouldn’t run out of choices as the beachfront esplanade is full of alfresco restaurants, juice bars and outdoor cafes.
Great food all around
Mooloolaba is known for more than just its beaches. Restaurants have been popping out over the last few years, and each one offers something different that you will want to try.
- Backlane Bar and Tapas Bar. It’s THE place to wine and dine here in the Sunshine Coast. They have mouthwatering tapas alongside favourite cocktails and the trendiest wines in the world. Rest assured that you will always leave Backlane with a full stomach each and every time.
- The Dock Restaurant. For some smoked meats and charcoal grilled meat, The Dock is the best place to go. Order that together with their finest beers or spirits. The restaurant is very passionate about their beer, and it’s a great place to hang out with friends after a long day of fun at the beach.
- Augello’s Ristorante and Pizzeria. Established in 1995, Augello’s is famous for its modern Italian cuisine. Enjoy alfresco dining on the lower deck of this iconic landmark or choose to be treated to some breathtaking ocean views from their balcony. Make sure to come early as Augello’s has become a favourite dining spot for both tourists and locals alike.
Shop till you drop
There’s just something alluring about seeing an antique. Is it the mystery of where it was before sitting on the store shelf? Or is it the slightly faded colours, revealing it has been through a lot over the years? Antique collectors and jewellery enthusiasts have their reasons for buying these artifacts, and they will certainly enjoy shopping for them here in Mooloolaba.
- Avenue J Couture. For excellent additions to your antique and jewellery collection, stop by Avenue J Couture. Known to be the perfect place to get exquisite pieces, be the envy of your friends with your bling when you come home from holiday.
- Mooloolaba Esplanade. In case you forgot to pack beach towels, stop by the Mooloolaba Esplanade, a shopping precinct located near the water where you can find anything and everything you need from beach items to designer clothes and everything else in between.
- Sunshine Plaza. Take the short drive to Maroochydore and check out Sunshine Plaza. Here you can find more than 220 specialty stores along with gift shops so you can find the perfect souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
An unforgettable holiday awaits you in a paradise where you wouldn’t run out of things to try. To explore the best in town, don’t forget to book a car hire service in the Sunshine Coast.