School’s out, and there’s no better time to go out and visit places you’ve always wanted to see but not have the chance, until now. From glorious beaches to majestic natural wonders, Australia is blessed with so many beautiful sights to see.
To make your summer adventure convenient and worry-free, do yourself a favour and hire a car in advance so you and your party can quickly get to all the places you want to visit. You don’t have to endure the hassle of public transport or go over your budget by taking a cab all the time.
Deciding where to go and what to do can get overwhelming because you have so many choices. To help give you some ideas, check out our recommendations for destinations and activities to kickstart your exciting summer escapade.
Kick back, relax, and enjoy summer in Australia right now!
- Take a six-kilometre coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee. Be sure to wear comfortable footwear, a hat, sunglasses and a camera to take plenty of scenic views of parks, cliffs, beaches, rock pools, and bays.
- Go island hopping at any of the lovely 74 islands at the Whitsundays. You can fulfil your childhood dream of sailing and be a captain of your own crew.
- While you’re at it, go diving or learn how to do it at the Great Barrier Reef. It is the world’s largest coral reef and is rich with marine life. You can enjoy many experiences like scuba diving, snorkelling, whale watching, just to name a few.
- Learn how to surf at the Manly Surf School and test your skills at Manly Beach. Whatever your level of expertise is, get your adrenaline pumping by riding the waves. From children to adults, you can learn how to surf in no time.
- Go kayaking in the sparkling waters of Noosa and spot many kinds of marine life, including dolphins. If that’s not enough, you can even go swimming with them, too.
- Have an epic road trip with your mates at the Great Ocean Road. There’s no better way to experience what Australia has to offer than to travel across more than 200 kilometres of road through the south-eastern part of the country.
- Ride a bike, ride a horse or take a relaxing family picnic at the Centennial Parklands and enjoy the shade by sitting under one of the 15,000 beautiful trees at the public park.
- Experience the iconic natural beauty of Uluru. It is a World Heritage-listed site that is rich in Australian indigenous culture and spirituality. You can take a walk with a guide or ride a camel or even a hot air balloon to get a unique vantage point.
These are just some of the fascinating places and fun activities you can experience this summer in the land of Oz, and there are lots more you can look forward to. So, use your free time well and make new memories with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading. If you want to escape the city and explore beautiful landscapes, here’s a blog post you should check out, Victoria’s Natural Wonders You Must Visit.